Top of the Funnel (TOFU) nurturing
The top of the funnel is also known as the awareness phase. In this stage, you’re looking to attract a large audience of potential leads. You’ll want to cast a wide net to gain the attention of many people without deliberately filtering or discouraging conversions.
TOFU content aims to create awareness and educate your audience about a specific question, need, or pain point they’re looking to address, but without a sales tie-in. So, forget the sales pitch and focus on building a genuine connection. Create content that tells a story, piques the reader’s interest and provides leads with valuable and actionable information.
Here are some TOFU content examples:
- Informative and educational content that does not promote your product but instead focuses on simplifying the life of your target audience.
- SEO refined content that targets the search terms your audience searches for.
- Introductory videos that showcase your brand personality and product or service.
- Podcast episodes that discuss trends or the state of the industry.
Unfortunately, people won’t always find your content immediately. To help draw people in, use the following digital channels:
- Organic posts on social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Paid social media ads or Google Ads.