Our Acceptable Use Policy (Hereinafter: “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the Leadinfo Platform and Extended Features (Hereinafter: Leadinfo)
The customers of Leadinfo (hereinafter the ‘Customer’ ) and its End-Users (i.e. a natural or legal person who uses Leadinfo) acknowledge that this Policy applies to the terms and conditions of the agreement concluded between the company Leadinfo and its users. Any capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the agreement between Leadinfo and the Customer unless otherwise defined herein.
The End-Users are fully responsible for (non-limited):
- Creating and managing user accounts;
- Ensuring no false or misleading information is being used for the user account;
- All use or abuse made of the account; and
- The safe handling, storage, confidentiality, and proper usage of the accounts.
End-Users shall apply all reasonable techniques, practices, and/or technology (e.g. use of strong passwords that are regularly changed) to prevent unauthorized access to their personal account for Leadinfo by any other users or any third party. If End-Users observe that someone has accessed their account unauthorized – Leadinfo strongly advises End-Users to immediately employ all means to stop the misuse (e.g. by changing their password) and contact Leadinfo.
Prohibited Use of the Leadinfo platform and extended features
End-Users may not use or instruct others to use the Leadinfo software or features to email, transmit, distribute, or store material in a manner that Leadinfo believes:
- Modifies, alters, tampers with, or otherwise creates derivative works of Leadinfo;
- Reverse engineers, disassembles, or decompiles the (infrastructure of) Leadinfo;
- Uses any means to bypass or alter the security of Leadinfo;
- Is abusive, deceptive, false, fraudulent pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Is a breach of the intellectual property rights of Leadinfo;
- Violates the applicable privacy legislation, this includes but is not limited to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (‘General Data Protection Regulation’), Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 12 July 2002, which pertains to the processing of personal data and protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (also known as the ‘e-privacy directive’) and its implementations in all EU member states.
- Violates or otherwise encroaches on the rights of others, including, but not limited to, infringing or misappropriating any privacy, intellectual property, or proprietary right of another (such as, but not limited to, publishing, uploading, or otherwise distributing any material protected by intellectual property rights without having the necessary rights or consent to do so);
- Precludes any other End-User from access to Leadinfo;
- Is any of the following or similar activities (without the following list being limitative): hacking, email bombing, spoofing, or sending any email containing or transmitting any virus, worm, or any kind of malware;
- Wilfully or recklessly damages the security of Leadinfo or is an attempt to test the robustness of Leadinfo or render Leadinfo unavailable;
- Is an attempt to gain unauthorized access or give others unauthorized access to Leadinfo;
- Promotes or facilitates hate speech, violence, or discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religious or philosophical beliefs, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, and/or any other human characteristic protected against discrimination;
- Stalks, harasses, or harms anyone;
- Interferes with or adversely affects Leadinfo or the use of Leadinfo by other End-Users;
- Uses or launches any high volume automated means (including “robots”, “spiders”, “offline readers”, “scripts” or similar data gathering or extraction methods) to access Leadinfo or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected thereto;
- Intentionally interferes with the proper functioning of Leadinfo, including any deliberate attempt to damage, disable, or overload Leadinfo by any means, such as a Denial of Service Attack;
- Uses means (manual or electronic) to avoid any use limitations placed on a system, such as access and storage restrictions;
- Alters or obscures email headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission;
- Distributes, publishes, sends, or facitliates the sending of unsolicited mass email or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (such as spam), including commercial advertising and informational announcements to the data saves within Leadinfo, unless legitimate and in accordance with relevant privacy laws;
Monitoring and enforcement
Leadinfo reserves the right to monitor and enforce, but does not assume any obligation or responsibility whatsoever in respect of:
- Investigating any of the End-Users access to, or use of Leadinfo (including the management of the accounts), or any of the third parties authorized by the End-Users to access the data.
- Notifying End-Users of any misuse of Leadinfo or non-compliance under this Policy.
Leadinfo may however:
- Investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of Leadinfo;
- Remove, disable access to, or modify any data or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement Leadinfo has with the Customer; or
- Disclose any activity Leadinfo suspects to be in violation of any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Leadinfo’s reporting may include disclosing appropriate information of an End-User and cooperating with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy. The End-User will be notified if Leadinfo makes this type of disclosure unless Leadinfo is required to keep the disclosure confidential.
If an End-User becomes aware of any violation of this Policy, Leadinfo should be immediately notified via the helpdesk or via email@example.com. The End-User should subsequently provide Leadinfo with assistance to stop or remedy the violation.
Consequences of violations
Leadinfo may immediately remove any content in Leadinfo which is contrary to this Policy and suspend the access of the Customer and its End-Users to Leadinfo and or terminate the subscription of the Customer for cause (in accordance with Leadinfo’s Terms and Conditions), if a Customer or one of its End-Users both (i) breaches this Policy, and (ii) does not respond to Leadinfo in a reasonable period after being contacted about a potential breach of this Policy.